A New Way to Do Gratitude


We all know that practicing gratitude is good for your mental health, but today I want to share a simple but powerful exercise to help you experience gratitude in a little bit different way. 

Make a list of things that you want. 

Now look at that list and circle the things that you already have. 

Did you put things that you already have on that list?

It's ok if you didn't. 

Make another list of things that you want AND that you already have. 

I want three beautiful healthy daughters. 

I want a husband who treats me with love and respect. 

I want a minivan with leather seats that are easy to clean. 

I want a healthy strong body. 

I want to engage in work that is fulfilling and meaningful. 

Actively wanting something that you already have has a different quality than gratitude. 

Try it. You'll see. 

Comments